Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Horizons

We spent almost an hour and a half at the senior center today.  We brought some pumpkins, and helped fold pamphlets for mailing, and everyone kept saying how cute the kids are, and are they twins?  My grandmother was so proud, that it made my day.  It made it okay that our schedule went out the window today.  We still got quite a bit accomplished.  We did some work with the letter N, reading N stories, and singing the sound.  We also spent a lot of time on shapes, sorting attribute blocks, and finding the shapes all over the house.  We also covered three dimensional shapes, rectangular prisms, cubes, cylinders, etc.  We read several books and took it easy today.  It was a very nice day.

I also am going to be taking on a new challenge.  A friend, Miria, has a son Mason who we have playdates with.  Miria works full time and her daycare is being provided by her sister in law who needs to go back to work.  So she asked me if I could do with Mason what I have been doing with CJ and Eliza.  So we will be doing school for three starting next week.  We are going to have a trial week to see how it goes, but I think it will be great for all of them.  It will require a little more prep and organization, but I am looking forward to the challenge.  I think it is important for CJ and Eliza to see that people all learn differently, and that different people have different skill sets, different knowledge, and different ways of solving problems.  This is a tough concept for them since they know the same things and work together so often.  They practically share a mind sometimes.  We are all looking forward to the challenge, and I am excited to try out some new lesson plans.  I found some great free or cheap resources online, and will post the sources soon.  Meanwhile I have some more work to do before bed.  Thanks for sharing our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment