Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Road Less Taken

Last week was productive up until Thursday.  My sister moved yesterday, to New York, so we had to see her on Thursday and Friday, and it kind of screwed the routine up, a lot.  We were still able to do some learning, but I was too tired by nighttime to do any blogging.  This week we are going to have a bit of a change.  Miria's son Mason will be with us every day while she is at work.  So I will have three kids for "school" and I am excited.  The kids are ecstatic and I think it will be great for all of us.  I was going to use the readinglessons.com series of plans, but I think it is a little too advanced the more I look at it.  So we are going to do letter of the week lessons, starting with A.  We are also going to do a shape a week, a number a week, and more color recognition.  I have prepared some song sheets, worksheets, and books from enchantedlearning.com.  Hopefully the weather will be great tomorrow and we can spend some time in the sunshine.  Tomorrow I will blog all about our first day with three "students"!  I am sure it will be a great day.  Our journey is taking a turn, into unknown areas, and it will be a terrific challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that should be fun!!! How old is Mason? Is he right about the same level?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck Lish! Hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason is exactly half way between CJ and Eliza, he just turned three this week. He used to have playdates with the kids all the time. He is very smart. He doesn't know quite as much with the letter sounds as CJ and Eliza, but I know he will catch right up quickly. Thanks guys, I will let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete