Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mommy Growing Up

What a day.  CJ is continuing to tell us stories, with clear beginnings, middles, and ends.  Eliza continues to listen actively to him.  We went on some errands that came up today, and spent some time in the car.  So we counted mailboxes, trees that have started to change colors, and we looked for many things of differing colors.  We counted items we saw at the playground, and we talked about the seasons.  We learned about deciduous trees, and what happens to them in autumn.  We even talked about some history driving through the historic parts of Norwich today.  I really missed having that quiet day at home I was looking forward to, and all the activities I had planned, but life rarely does what I want it to.  The kids have to learn that lesson, and so do I.  I just hope every day, that whatever I do will be enough.  I know there is no way to always do it right, but I just want to do as much as I can for them.  A day lost here and there won't affect things in the long run, but as I struggle to find the right way for us, I sometimes fall back on the type of teaching I was used to in the public school system.  I fear the "wasted day", but there is no such thing in our homeschooling.  Every day they learn, and every day they teach me something new.  They are both growing so fast, and they are turning into such amazing people, but I miss my babies that napped on my shoulder and needed me for everything.  I cry a little every time they say no Mommy I can do it myself, even though I am crazy proud.  I am growing up along with them, and wow what a ride.

3 comments:

  1. ME TOO!!!!! Liam says, "No Mumma! Me do it!" At least he still snuggles. Le sigh. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the snuggling, Eliza calls them hugga nuggles, the only babyish sounding thing she says! I hope they are never at a point where they don't want hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and heart-wrenching all together! I feel it everyday!

    ReplyDelete