Thursday, October 21, 2010

Change can be Great!

Today went incredibly well.  Eliza and CJ hadn't gotten up yet when Mason arrived.  He and I started making play dough when they woke up.  We went upstairs, and I got them dressed, and we did all of our school stuff before we even came downstairs.  They had their oatmeal and milk when we were done with our work, and Mason had a peanut butter sandwich.  Mason took a great nap, while CJ and Eliza helped me dust, I read with CJ, and they watched Sesame Street.  They had lunch, Mason woke up, they played together and then CJ and Eliza took a nap while Mason had a snack and he and I read books and watched Dinosaur Train.  This schedule worked GREAT!!!  Tomorrow will be even better because Eliza and CJ will be up, dressed and fed before Mason gets here.

We practiced writing letters and numbers, writing hand over hand.  We read a counting book Miria brought over.  Ten Little Mummies, and the kids LOVED it!  CJ was excited because there are mummies in other Halloween books they have.  We read the Three Little Pigs again, did lots of counting with some books from Enchanted Learning.  We read through the C section of My First Dictionary.  We talked about parts of leaves again, and looked at our leaf collection.  We colored the number three paper, and we colored Jack O Lanterns.  We reviewed camels and read about a capybara (huge South American rodent.)  We accomplished a lot, more than I can remember this moment.  My brain is as tired as my body.

While CJ and Eliza were settling down for their nap, Mason and I were listening on the monitors.  When Eliza fussed a bit Mason kept saying, "That's my girl, you need to help her.  She is my girl."  That is what he calls her, my girl.  I think it is adorable!  The three of them are sweet to each other, and seem to love being together.  They play well together.

After Mason went home, and CJ and Eliza woke up, they had an early bath, they helped me make dinner, and then played more with the green play dough we made today.  They told me stories while I cooked, and explained what they made with their dough.  It was a great evening.  They went to bed right on time, even after Memere and Pepere being here for dinner.  We finished watching Don't Eat the Pictures, an old Sesame Street movie at the Metropolitan Museum of Art that I loved growing up, and the kids loved it too.  It made me very happy.  It has been a crazy week, so I am glad things are calming down a bit, and I am looking forward to a great weekend.  We are taking the kids to a Halloween party with the family of Eliza's godfather, my best friend.  Then some friends are coming over to play cards.  It is going to be a good weekend.  Tomorrow we are going to make circus animal crackers.  We were going to do it today, but I only had enough flour for the play dough.  My parents brought me a bag of flour they had, so I won't have to go shopping tonight.  I hope the kids love them.  I know we will have a fun day.  Looking forward to doing fun Halloween type stuff next week, and carving pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment