Tuesday, October 19, 2010

C is for Cranky Kids

Yesterday was exhausting for all of us, and I went to bed really early.  None of the kids napped well at all.  Between the three of them I think they slept an hour total.  They were so tired, rubbing their eyes, yawning, but they couldn't sleep.  We found C words all over the house.  We looked for triangles.  We made our number and color poster.  Green is our color, so we talked about all types of green things.  We are going to make green play dough today.  We sang the /k/ sound, and all three kids knew the sound right away.  We read several books, all about shapes, colors, letters and numbers.  They were so tired they were okay with just sitting and listening to me read books.  Today we will read the three little pigs, and do an oral comprehension task with it.  I think we may even watch the Disney Three Little Pigs after lesson time.  I think we will play Candy Land, and practice writing C.  Tonight I will do a more in depth blog, when I have more time, and energy!  I think we will play outside for a little while today, while the weather is nice.  The kids need some fresh air.  I want CJ and Eliza to do more coloring today, as well.  Now that CJ likes coloring more (since his friend Mason LOVES it!) I hope his skills will improve in holding the crayon/pencil, and in making more controlled marks on the paper.  We are also going to draw C and triangles in CJ's carpet.  Off to prepare some stuff for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment