Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wacky Weekend

I was so busy and tired last Friday night, I simply forgot to blog.  Things were crazy this weekend too.  Loved it though.  So Friday we did a review of the week, read lots of books, made homemade animal crackers, and played.  Rich took the day off and it was wonderful.  We took it easy, and just enjoyed each others' company.  This weekend we had a Halloween party for the kids with my best friend's family.  Then a party with several of our friends over here.  We had a late night, but so much fun.  The kids didn't have a nap, and got up early today.  We tried to take an easy day today.  We were going to carve pumpkins, but the kids were too tired to even contemplate it.  We mostly watched Halloween children's movies and read Halloween books.  Tomorrow we are doing D, 4, black, rectangles, bats and Halloween.  It will be a fun week.  I have baking projects, craft projects and play dough planned.  However, we will see what we can accomplish.  I don't want to rush the kids, or make them hate school time.  They are still so young.  I like our new schedule, though, because I have time with each child to work on their particular need.  CJ and I are reading books just him and I.  I should say, he is reading to me.  It won't be long before he is reading whole books on his own.  Eliza and Mason are getting ready for writing.  In no time they will be writing letters and numbers.  And they all need to play dough, to help them learn to manipulate their little fingers and make the dough do what they want it to.  Tomorrow we will take it a bit easy, and let everyone be well rested.  I have a few fun things planned.  I will tell you all about it tomorrow.  Thanks for sharing your time with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment