Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolution Number Three

I will choose to be happy.  I found that little things were getting me down recently.  The lack of organization was one, already been tackled.  My attitude, which is is the process of turning around.  And my lack of anything for just me.  I have made a resolution to do something this year that I have always wanted to do but was never able to.  It may be to put some streaks of blue in my hair, or learn to do something new, I haven't decided yet, but I need to find me again.  I need some creative outlet that has nothing to do with being Mommy.  My kids are my center and my joy, but I can't let them become my everything, I need to be myself in addition to being their mom.  I will find more joy every day, and hold on to those moments more than I have been.  I will take time out of all the stuff I have to do to play with and hold my children, and let them know how happy they make me.  I will cuddle with my husband on the couch even if I have laundry waiting to be folded.  I will make time for things that make me happy.  Today part of that was sitting with the kiddos and reading all about the animals we have learned about so far, and answering every question they had.  We learned what crustaceans are today, and they were very interested in learning all about them.  Instead of becoming frustrated with their over excitement, I just kept repeating things and enjoying the time together.  It is all about attitude, and I am choosing to make mine positive.  I am choosing to be happy every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment