Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I want some wine with that whine!

So today started with three super cranky whiny kiddos.  I think CJ and Eliza are about to do a growth spurt, as they seem really tired no matter how much sleep they get.  I also think the weather is affecting all three of them.  So we went pretty slow and easy today but I wanted to get a few things done.  We accomplished everything I planned, albeit slowly.  I gave several breaks in between subjects for free playing, which is unusual.  We usually do a few subjects, and have maybe one or two breaks.  We read a G poem and G book from readinga-z.com.  We counted sets of seven items in the school room.  We compared gorillas to other mammals we know.  We talked more about food groups and the food pyramid.  We watched and listened to Guji Guji on storyline online, and Yellow Gorilla on storyplace.org.  We did some coloring, and lots of songs.  We even listened to Peter and the Wolf and Hansel and Gretel on CD.  (Thanks Maggie, for the tip about audiobooks!  They loved it)  We had issues with crankiness and whining all day, but I just kept my cool, and didn't let it stress me out.  Even with some tantrums and a little bit of book destruction we still had a productive day, and I am still sticking to my resolutions.  I am not letting myself get angry, and I am still choosing to be happy.  Though it was not by any means easy today.  The amazing seared steak with blue cheese butter and butternut squash risotto helped my mood.  As did the spiced red wine I had for dessert.  My first bit of butter since New Year's, and worth every calorie!  Tomorrow is a snow day, as all schools have already been cancelled, so the recipes I was going to post today will be posted tomorrow.  Hope you all enjoy the wintry wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment