Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Easy Day

It has been a long but good day.  We made play dough in all the colors we didn't have, for our Wednesday craft project.  We used a Melissa and Doug toy that sorts animals into their habitats, to talk about different habitats and the animals that belong there.  We traced H, 8 and octagons, and made them out of pipe cleaners.  We added a lot of words to our H poster.  We reviewed our Venn Diagram for Horse and Hedgehog.  They all seem extremely interested in the Venn Diagram, and we added to the one we made of CJ and Eliza.  CJ explained all about it to his Memere and Pepere.  Since I am expecting a snow day on Friday I think we will make our H recipe tomorrow.  I am thinking hot cross buns.  I have almost all of my lessons ready for the next two weeks, and I am almost done deep cleaning the house.  Knickknacks are being washed, and I am cleaning out junk drawers, and those piles of things that never get thrown out.  All my resolutions have made for a much cleaner, and less stressful home environment.  It is so much easier to educate the kiddos, and get dinner made, and get all manner of things accomplished.  Plus I just feel better knowing that the floor is clean, that the laundry is put away, and that I can find things when I need them.  What a difference it makes everyday.  Plus I keep setting myself up to make it easy.  Every night I get out clothes for me and the kids.  I keep wet soapy washcloths in an old wipes container, with a little bit of tea tree oil, so that before the kids get up from the table I wash their hands, faces and trays or table.  Less grubbiness gets spread around the house, and I have to wash their trays and high chairs less often.  I spend a few minutes each night preparing for the next day, so it is easy to get things done.  It has made it so that I have more time each day to spend doing something I want to do, blogging, reading, writing or playing a video game.  As much as everyone tells you that organization is important, you just have to come to that realization in your own time.  I truly feel like a new person with a new outlook on life, that is how different these resolutions have made things.  Thanks for listening to me ramble.  More tomorrow.  For now I am going to go enjoy a decaf coffee and some video games with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment