Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Still Sick

Well I have thrown out the idea of any "school" this week.  Everyone is still suffering from the head cold that won't let go.  Everyone has it.  Rich, CJ, Eliza, Mason and even me.  Almost everyone who was at our house a week ago is sick.  My parents are getting it.  Halloween was not half as fun as it should have been, since we were all coughing and sneezing and exhausted.  The letter E is staring at me from the desk, where it is temporarily grounded.  I think next week we will review and finish off anything we haven't completed, and going into a bit more depth in some subjects.  The following week we will move on to the new material.  Since I undecorated the Halloween stuff, and went through straightening the house, I have a pile of pumpkins and decorative gourds just begging to be used in a sorting activity tomorrow.  Maybe we will make a yummy snack too, but nothing any more strenuous than that.  I have been working on getting some learning centers made.  Today I finished getting together the play dough box, and starting a sorting box.  I got several matching activities put together and some shape sorts as well.  I need some oval and triangle shaped items around the house to put in it.  I found plenty of circles, rectangles and squares, but triangles and ovals are tough.  I also need to get to the library to replace our selections with some seasonal books, and move on to the next few letters and numbers.  It seems like I never have enough time to get there, since they close at 5 every night.  If I don't get there some night this week, I have to go Saturday.  My goal this weekend is to finish a few more "centers" and get some concrete plans for review work.  I want to make a plan for each week, where I really only change the letter, number, shape and color, but the lessons stay the same.  Maybe by the end of the alphabet I will get myself organized!  Slowly but surely, I am getting stuff done.  Today, while the kids napped, since I was feeling too icky to do anything that required energy I made a powerpoint presentation on the colors.  Came out pretty well too.  Tomorrow we will look at it on the big tv.  Next week I will make one with numbers.  I love doing that kind of thing.  Well off to go sleep.  Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment