Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Short and Sweet

We made paper bag elephant puppets, and talked all about elephants some more.  We watched the Muppet Christmas Carol while I made two batches of cookie dough for the freezer.  They played with play dough while I cleaned the kitchen.  We did some coloring, tracing, and writing practice upstairs before nap.  We accomplished a lot today, and I got a lot done while the kids napped.  I started Christmas cards, got my Christmas list in order, and worked on scrubbing the house.  We talked about so many things, and practiced all the letter sounds.  We counted around the house, and everyone took a good nap.  It was a good day, but I am exhausted.  Rich and I have been cleaning like maniacs and I had to go to a wake tonight, so I think this will be all for tonight.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. OMG you're so organized I don't even know how you do it. Haha! I'll blame most of my lethargy on school and pregnancy, but I'm like *GASP* the HOLIDAYS are HERE already!!! How the heck did THAT happen?!

    Ooooh!!! I just remembered my mom got me a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer for xmas but I get it on Thanksgiving, so I can start my doughs then!!! WIN!!!! Hahaha!

    I have started my xmas list making at least, but we still have Liam's bday to get through. He's turning 3 on December 5th. Guests have asked what to get him and I was like, "Cripes, I haven't even thought of what the piss WE'RE getting him yet. Hahaha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the whole being pregnant while trying to work and do holiday stuff. Not easy, especially CJ's first Christmas when we were trying to sell the house. It was awful, I didn't even decorate. I have been trying the past few years to make it easier and have most if not all of my shopping done by Thanksgiving. I am almost there this year. You are going to LOVE the Kitchen Aid. If you need any easy to freeze Christmas cookie recipes email me, I have tons! Doesn't it seem like they are growing so fast! CJ is going to be four and it just seems like he is getting so much older so much faster. And it took me a long time to figure out presents for them this year. But I am almost done, so now I can focus on decorating, cards, wrapping, and more baking!

    ReplyDelete