Thursday, February 3, 2011

Teacher Going to School

Rich and I went to a training tonight.  Child care was provided, dinner was provided, but more importantly some amazing training.  It was all about the early learning guidelines in the state of Connecticut for infant and toddler care providers.  It gives family child care providers training and the ability to gain a child care license in the state.  I love learning and taking classes, and I especially love that it was offered with child care, and that both Rich and I were able to attend.  I would love to become licensed to provide home child care.  It is such a wonderful and satisfying occupation, and I already am trained as a teacher.  This would allow me to make more money doing what I love, and I could choose my hours.  Exactly what I am doing now, but I would be able to continue once Mason no longer needs care.  This training even includes 2 hours of at home coaching.  A professional early learning coach will come into our home and assist us in setting up the home and activities appropriately for the age group we are caring for.  I am so excited!  It was also great for Rich and I to allow someone else to watch the kids, since the only people who ever care for them are us, or my parents.  It was a great experience all around.  Looking forward to more learning opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment