Monday, February 28, 2011

CJ READ A BOOK!!!

Well, half a book anyway.  Mason and Eliza went down for a nap and CJ and I took out a book Rich bought him for when he starts to read, one that he has never heard or read before.  Cooking with the Cat in the Hat.  He read the first half of it to me!  I had to help him with the, and remind him how to sound out, but HE READ!!!  I am happy and proud beyond imagining, and I got a little teary after he finally went down for a nap.  He told me, "Mommy, reading is hard, but I really like it."  I told him that reading certainly is hard but it is such a wonderful thing.  He said, "I am so excited to read books all by myself Mommy, I can't wait!  I love reading!"  Melt my heart.  He was practically vibrating from joy and excitement every time he figured out a word.  How lucky am I?


In other news, Eliza has been in big girl underpants since Saturday.  She only is wearing diapers at nap and night.  It has been quite a week in our house!  So proud, and so weepy, and so happy all at the same time!  Eliza hasn't had any accidents since she started wearing underpants.  Just like her brother she just told me Saturday morning that she wanted to wear underpants.  We have been keeping her in dresses and nightgowns to make it easier on her, since all her cute little girl pants are not easy to get on and off herself.  Why do they think toddlers need skinny jeans anyway?  And why did my parents buy them?  But she is doing remarkably well, and I am so happy to be near the end of diapers.  Every day when she uses the potty, she says, "Mommy, I am so proud of myself!"  If only you could see the ecstatic little smile and her expressions.  She really is a character.  So this is a very happy week. 


Next week will be back to letter number and shape of the week.  This week is a book of tracing capital letters, more learning centers, making a number book using stickers, and a shape book.  We are doing review work, and using workbooks.  Next week I will be more prepared and less exhausted and sore.  I don't care if they watch TV all day tomorrow, Eliza is using the potty and CJ is reading!  Woohoo!

1 comment: