Monday, December 20, 2010

Not so Patiently Waiting for Santa

It has been a long time since I updated.  It is among my resolutions come January to update regularly.  But until then things are so busy, and crazy.  We have been baking, wrapping, decorating, and helping family out nonstop.  We have suspended normal school until January 3.  Next week Mason is home with his Mom, so we will just do some review and I will get myself organized for the few weeks after that.  It is of course so much easier to stick to a routine, if I have materials ready to go.  This week is cookie baking, reindeer crafts, and letters to Santa.  The kids have been pretty good lately, but so crazy excited about all the holiday stuff.  They go to bed and practically pass out exhausted.  They ask every morning if Christmas is here yet.  We continue to review all that they have learned so far, but they are a little distracted.  We have been watching holiday movies, and discussing Christmas.  We have made ornaments, gone to see lights, gone to a holiday sing at the library, and made holiday cookies.  We are making muffins for Santa, since CJ and Eliza think he would prefer muffins.  Shaped like gingerbread men and snowmen.  They make me happy.  I am so looking forward to Christmas Eve at my parents, and Christmas morning at home with the kiddos.  It will be so wonderful this year, as they are at an age where everything is magical.  I will update again soon, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment