Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just a little note

I have decided to forego any major lesson plans until the new year.  I am still doing colors, numbers, letters and all, just in less detail.  All three kids are so crazy excited about the Christmas decorations, Christmas movies, Christmas cookies, and all the other stuff.  It has been very hard for them to focus, and to be perfectly frank, it is difficult for me to force it on them, and to make all the plans while trying to prepare for the holidays.  So while not leaving all of the education in the rearview, I am not going to go into the depth I have been till January.  Today Mason was home sick, so I am sure he won't be up to any major school stuff anyhow.  Today we did some cleaning and had a pajama day.  We cuddled on the couch, and cooked together.  It was good to have a day to relax, among this crazy season.  Last week we spent a lot of time outside cleaning out the garden and preparing the outside for winter.  Just to make any of you garden lovers jealous I am going to show you pictures of my garden from last week, along with pictures of what I picked from it last week.  The kids are already excited to plan next years' garden.  This has been such a wonderful learning experience for all of us and a great family thing to share.  Mason is also excited to plant seeds in the spring, especially the celery!





No comments:

Post a Comment