Thursday, January 9, 2014

Gifts from my Daughter

Eliza is on a huge handcrafting kick.  She makes bookmarks with popsicle sticks, colors and draws pictures for everyone she knows, and sculpts with pipe cleaners.  Last week she used her little plastic loom to make me a potholder that I use everyday.  Today she made me a sparkly ring with a pipe cleaner and a giant glittery pompom, and a necklace with big wooden beads on a long string of blue yarn.  I very proudly wore them today, and could not have been more grateful.  Maybe tomorrow I will add a picture of these sweet and thoughtful gifts from my baby girl.  Not only did she give me a physical gift, but the joy in her face in that she was able to make something for me with her two hands was the most precious gift, and the love shown in these simple gifts is something I will treasure always.  What a lucky mother I am :)

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see some pictures, my little Zee loves to make things all the time, I made sure she got a lot of art supplies for Christmas to help her creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will most definitely post pictures later, would love to feature a blog of you and Zee doing arts and crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete