Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

So it has been a crazy, but good week.  The kids started a class at the library on Tuesday.  It is 45 minutes every Tuesday for 6 weeks.  All three kids go, and so does my cousin's daughter, so we were all able to go together.  Yesterday I took CJ, Eliza and Mason to the movie theater for their first ever cinematic experience.  They loved it!  We saw the Little Engine that Could.  Today we spent a lot of time outside, we watched a kids movie about Ireland, read books about St. Patrick and St. Patrick's Day, colored some pictures of leprechauns and shamrocks, my grandmother brought lunch over for everyone, and we listened to Irish music all day while we made Irish soda bread, Irish Tea Brack (a fruit bread) and corned beef and cabbage.  It was a busy and wonderful day.  I got to work in the garden a little and we all wore green.  I finally have been able to get lessons planned and printed so next week we get back into a normal school lesson schedule.  I have so much that I need to get done in other parts of my life that lessons have taken too much of a backseat these past few weeks.  I have done lots of teaching, using centers, books and other things, but not in the same format we had been doing.  Tomorrow we go to playgroup and play outside since it will be beautiful.  We will be planting some seeds in the garden, as there are a few things that can be planted now.  It is very exciting for all of us in the Hansen household.  More to come next week, including pictures!  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment